Saturday 25 July 2009

DreamTheatre 03

Disclaimer: The following chronicles are accounts of dreams. They might not make any sense whatsoever, but I find it imperative to record them. So there go the chronicles of a million contradictions and random, involuntary thoughts. Although I am tempted to include them, no interpretation, no separate facts, no representation of real life or real things is intentionally added here. There is no theory subscribed to. All coincidences are purely imaginary, and bear who-knows-what resemblance to anything living or dead.

I am standing in a room with my back to the wall alongside one other man. The room is plain, entirely white and simple; no furniture disturbs the simplicity either. The two of us have folders in our arms and are being interviewed. The interviewers are also wearing shiny black suits with shades and other accessories to match. There is hardly any conversation and both of us are recruited.

As I exit the room, I find out that the entire office complex consists of, again, entirely white single floor structures. The inner part of the complex consists of a single courtyard, the shape and size of it resembles the courtyard where monks used to play tennis.* I stand with my back to one of the four walls of the courtyard all day long, and my colleague carries out all the errands. I see him running across the courtyard several times a day, yet I just stay there doing nothing.


One particular day, I see five men, naked and chained to a wall, standing on a pedestal to appear about a metre higher than the level of the ground. It doesn't appear unusual to me. My suited friend steps in front of the first man, and goes down on him. He goes on to perform oral sex on each of the five men. After his act with the last of the five men, he begins to kiss him. As the two of them part, I see the chained man's tongue ripped out of his mouth, his head hanging down towards the ground and blood flowing no end.

*When I visited the Lord's cricket stadium in London, the tour guide took us to a courtyard where an interesting form of tennis was being played. It was a mixture of squash, tennis and croquet, yet the interesting part was the courtyard itself. It was weird in structure and didn't look like it was supposed to be used for sports or leisure. The guide told us that in ancient times, in a particular monastery, when monks had nothing to do, they used their inner courtyard to play a game - now the ancestor of modern day tennis, squash and croquet. The courtyard had kinks, slopes and other unplayable conditions, which came to be regularities incorporated into the game.

No comments: